1.24.2008

Advertising

I forget that so much of the beginning is just about getting your name out there. If no one knows who you are, they are not going to be thinking of you the next time they want earrings, right? So I bought a spot in the Gift Guide on etsy and also bought an ad on of my favorite indie shopping blogs.

My first ad.


I made the individual frames and James spent a few minutes after work putting them all together into an animated gif. I really like it. It will run for one month starting tomorrow. I am so hoping that I can capture some of those sweet folks buying valentine (did you know one of my daughter's middle names is valentine?) gifts for their girlfriends, wives, lovers, teachers, mothers, you get the idea.

And I just came up with this BONUS today - with each purchase, the recipient will receive a hand-written poem. The giver of the gift can totally take all the credit too. I was thinking something like this...

sweetness lies between us
in the way you touch my knee
and put my socks on my feet
without me saying
how cold I am.

What do you think?



No comments:

About Me

My photo
Anjali. Married 8 years. Oakland Resident. First time Mom to toddler from Korea. And an Earring Designer.